Export from Tally
Please follow the steps below to export the contacts (party master) from Tally:
- Go to Gateway of Tally ➞ Statutory Reports ➞ GST ➞ Update Party GSTIN
- Name of Group: All Items
- Name of Ledger: All Items
- Click on Show All button (on the right) to make sure all records are shown on screen
- Click on Export button (on the top), select Excel export file format.
This will export all the contacts to an Excel file. You will need to copy the contents of this file to Octa contacts import template.
Prepare import file
In Octa GST, open Contacts page and click on Import button.
Click on Sample File button & save it to any location on your computer.
In the sample excel file, open the Contacts worksheet and copy-paste the data from Tally Excel file.
Only Blue columns are mandatory. Green columns are optional.
Import into Octa GST
Once the import file is ready, simple import the file to add all contacts in Octa GST:
- Go to Contacts
- Click on Import button
- Click on Import Excel File button
- Select the contacts Excel file generated in above steps
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the import