If you are already maintaining the sales data in an electronic format, you can quickly import all your documents. Octa GST supports import of sales from Excel/CSV files in two formats.
- Octa Format: Useful to import the list of sales documents using which return can be automatically generated. This format is easier to produce and chances of error are less.
- GST Offline Tool Format: Most popular accounting and business software packages exports the data in this format. You can download this format from GST Portal.
There are 4 sheets containing sales data (OctaSales.xlsx):
- Sales: To import all sales documents such as invoices, credit/debit notes, advances, refunds etc.
- SalesSummary: Consolidated summary of B2C (Business to consumer) and non-taxable sales in the return period. This needs to be reported only if same is not reported at document level in Sales (1).
- SalesHSN: HSN wise summary of sales during the return period. This needs to be reported only if HSN details are not provided at document level in Sales (1).
- DocIssued: Serial number details of documents issued during the return period.
Octa GST provides a user friendly import facility. Full import file is validated by Octa GST before importing so that your data is consistent and accurate. If any issue is detected in the contents of import file, Octa GST gives specific and useful error messages guiding you where & what exactly is wrong. You can correct the import file and then resume the import process.
Using the import facility, adding a large number of sales documents is a matter of seconds only. To use this method, simply click the Import button on Sales page and follow the on-screen instructions.
Govt Offline Tool Format
There are many accounting and business software packages which supports the data export in GST offline tool compatible format. Octa GST also supports this format and it can directly import such files.
To import the file in GST Offline Tool format, simply click the Import button on Sales page and follow the on-screen instructions.