Octa GST - Version 10.24
Released on January 11, 2022
- Added the facility to import GSTR-9 8A-Excel file generated by the GST Portal. Octa GST will extract the ITC availability information from 8A-Excel file and use it to calculate Table 8A figures in GSTR-9. 8A-Excel file has to be imported on GSTR-2A page.
- Fixed an issue of excluding auditor verification section while import JSON file. This issue affects only FY 2019-20 and ealier.
Purchase Reconciliation (GSTR-2A/2B/4A)
- While doing the basic linking (linking invoices based on invoice numbers), Octa GST will now perform case-insensitive invoice number matching. This will result in invoices getting linked which differ only in case (e.g. INV001 & Inv001)
- Added the ITC claim period and ITC claim amount (%) in Excel export.
- Deprecated the GST rate-wise comparison report as it is not used widely because of the complexity of data.
- While exporting GSTR-2A data to excel, purchase details included extra lines when there are multiple purchase invoices are reported by a supplier with same invoice number. This occurs when a taxpayer amends the invoice number and later reports the invoice with original invoice number again.
- Added the GSTR-9 8A ITC availability in GSTR-2A tabular/document viewer and Excel export.
- Added the ITC eligibility information in tablular/document view and Excel export.
- While calculating the outward liability, diffing algorithm to calculate the difference between B2CS amendment and original records has been updated to align with latest implementation of GST Portal.
- GSTR-2A Reports: If GSTR-9 8A-Excel has been imported in Octa GST, annual reports will contain the bifurcation of GSTR-2A based on ITC availability in GSTR-9.
- GSTR-1 Reports: Diffing algorithm to calculate the difference between B2CS amendment and original records has been updated to align with latest implementation of GST Portal.