Octa GST Change Log
Published on May 24, 2019
- Added support of importing GSTR-9 ZIP/JSON file generated by GST Portal. This can be used as reference while preparing GSTR-9.
- Improved the color highlighting to tolerate a range of difference between system calculated and user supplied values.
- Added the facility to check the issues in GSTR-9 before generating JSON file.
- Updated as per latest GSTR-9 JSON schema released by GST Portal.
Published on May 9, 2019
- Added support of GSTR-9 JSON file.
- Fixed an issue in Excel file import of sales summary data which caused failure in import process when place of supply is invalid.
- Updated the text language of GSTR-9 to match with latest GSTR-9 format notified by Govt.
- Minor GUI corrections and improvements.
Published on April 18, 2019
- Fixed an issue which resulted in failure to detected duplicate invoice no while entering purchase data using application user interface.
- Fixed an issue of missing GSTIN and return period while clearing the purchase data of composite tax payers.
Published on April 10, 2019
- Added the support of SEZ invoices in purchase section. This also fixes an issue which caused a failure while trying to automatically add an invoice during reconciliation with GSTR-2A.
- Improved the text search in GSTR-2A invoice reconciliation by allowing case-insensitive search.
- Improved the GSTR-2A reconciliation by gracefully updating the page when user note is added to “My Data” side of invoices.
- Improved the Home screen to better display the server information on small screen sizes.
- In user management screen for Octa GST Server, new facility has been added to quickly
- Fixed an issue in purchase import process which resulted in failure during import if reference voucher date was not specified for credit/debit notes. Now Octa GST will show a graceful validation error in this case.
- Improved the parsing of place of supply during import of GSTR-2-B2B sheet. Now this field supports both state-code and state-name.
- Fixed an issue in Purchase page which resulted in incorrect display of document list when there are more than 5000 purchase invoices. select or unselect all files.
- Fixed an issue in Issue checker of purchase data which resulted in false positive reporting of issues.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the line-item delete button to appear while adding line items data in fresh invoices.
- Fixed an issue which resulted in missing uploader information while exporting filed GSTR-1 data.
- Fixed an issued which showed wrong file extension while exporting GSTR-1 to Excel file in return preparation screen.
- Fixed an issue in import of sales documents (advance receipt & advance adjustment) which resulted in failure of import when ref voucher information has been provided which is not required.
- Improved various tool-tip messages in return screens.
Published on March 27, 2019
New: Added a new invoice summary sheet in mismatch report. This report will contain one row for each invoice/document and its matching status. With the introduction of invoice summary, Octa GST now provides the mismatch report at 3 different levels
- Supplier Summary
- Invoice Summary
- Invoice Details
New: Added support of showing net difference in tax amount on invoice comparison and summary screen.
New: Added the facility to specify the ignore amount.
New: Added the facility to select the contents to be exported in mismatch report.
New: Added the facility to export month, quarter or full year sales or purchase data.
Fixed: Display issue of GSTR-2A reconciliation configuration screen which caused a refresh error while switching from Quarter to Month.
Published on March 22, 2019
- Extended the GSTR-9 and Annual report of 2017-18 to include GSTR-1 & GSTR-2A returns till March 2019.
- Added support of multiple tax reversal heads in GSTR-9.
- Added support of concessional rate of tax in GSTR-9 HSN summary table.
- Added support of quarterly reconciliation of purchase data with GSTR-2A.
- Showed the tax difference in invoice/document comparison in reconciliation.
- Improved the Excel/CSV import functionality to show better error messages.
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-3B import which was preventing the successful import of GSTR-3B in some cases.
Published on March 19, 2019
- New: Added the facility to process multiple GSTR-2A excel to extract supplier names. It is available on GSTR-2A page.
- New: Added the facility to automatically discover the near-by Octa GST servers and show them on login screen for automatic selection.
- Improved the home page to display the relevant information only in case of Standard subscription.
- Fixed an issue in viewing GSTR-1 error file.
Published on March 18, 2019
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-3B import which prevent the correct import of liability section.
Published on March 18, 2019
- Fixed an issue in Annual GST Returns report which caused the missing summary data of next financial year in some cases.
Published on March 17, 2019
- New: Octa GST Server for teams. Improved concurrency, performance and security while working on the same business.
- New: Added the functionality to export the error report if there validation errors in import file. Available for all kinds of import files.
- New: Added the facility to view and print filed GSTR-1 return summary.
- New: A huge number of under-the-hood improvements in GST engine to enhance the overall performance, stability and responsiveness.
Published on March 11, 2019
A recent update of GST Portal affected the GSTR-1 JSON file generation. Because of this issue, the JSON file being generated by GST Portal is incorrect (not compliant with published JSON schema). A workaround has been added in Octa GST to handle this GST Portal issue.
Published on February 27, 2019
- GSTR-3B consolidated annual report enhanced to report different payment heads such as interest, penalty etc.
- GSTR-1/GSTR-2A import & export performance improved for large data sets.
- Added the facility to import GSTR-2A Excel file in Contacts for supplier names.
- GSTR-1 JSON file schema updated as per latest GSTN specification.
Published on December 17, 2018
- Fixed an issue in purchase and GSTR-2A reconciliation which prevented auto-linking in some rare cases.
- Fixed an issue in importing the sales credit/debit notes using Octa format.
Published on December 13, 2018
- Added support of HSN summary in GSTR-9 with following methods:
- Automatically calculate HSN summary from sales/purchase data
- Import of HSN summary from Excel file
- Manual entry of HSN summary
- Added support of automatic HSN summary adjustment in GSTR-1 based on sales returns (credit notes)
- Improved GSTR-3B JSON file compatibility with GST Portal data
- Added support of supplier and receiver action information in GSTR-1 Excel export
- Included exempt and nil rated sales in taxable value calculation of GSTR-1 HSN summary
- Added the check point in sales data validation to indicate if same invoice has already been reported in earlier tax periods.
- Added the check point in purchase data validation to indicate if same purchase invoice has already been added in earlier tax periods.
Published on December 4, 2018
- Added the support of exporting GSTR-9 to Excel format.
- Added the support of exporting GSTR-1 of multiple return periods in one single Excel file.
- Added the support of exporting GSTR-2A of multiple return periods in one single Excel file.
Published on November 27, 2018
- Improved the performance of GSTR-9 and GST Returns Annual Report when lakhs of documents are added in Octa GST.
- Fixed a rare issue in GST returns annual report & GSTR-9 which could result in incorrect GSTR-2A amendment value.
Published on November 15, 2018
- Enhanced GSTR Annual report to include the transaction reported in next financial year. For example, if sales invoices pertaining to FY 2017-18 are reported after March 2018, they will also be included in the annual report. Similarly if supplier has reported some invoice pertaining to FY 2017-18 after March 2018, it will be consolidated in GSTR-2A month by month report.
- Enhanced GSTR Annual report to bifurcate the credit/debit notes as per the nature of original invoice.
- Fixed an issue in purchase non-taxable summary which prevented the saving and editing of records.
Published on November 3, 2018
- Support of GSTR-9 with auto-calculations from GSTR-1, GSTR-2A and GSTR-3B.
Published on October 26, 2018
- Added support of more GST Portal transaction codes in GSTR-3B liabilities and payments.
Published on October 24, 2018
- New: Support of GSTR-3B printing. Double click on GSTR-3B return and click Print or Export.
- New: Added support of GSTR-1 and GSTR-2A download in Octa GST Assistant.
- Improvement: Added the filter by original/amendment voucher in purchase-GSTR2A reconciliation.
- Improvement: Showed the original and amendment details on reconciliation screen and mismatch report.
- Improvement: Modified the supplier summary in purchase-GSTR2A reconciliation to exclude the tax if a voucher has been amended by supplier.
- Fixed: While importing GSTR-1, handled a rare case when null fields are received in GSTR-1.
- Fixed: an issue in smart linking to prevent crash if multiple vouchers with same voucher no exists in purchase data.